Monday, October 4, 2010

Smells of Fall

Fall is an awesome time of year. Winter is by far my favorite, but I do love the sights of the beautiful colored trees and the smell of the crisp cool nights and mornings. I also love the smell of homemade banana bread. I don't know why I associate it with Fall, I eat it year-round! Today, after my nap :), I woke up with a good old fashioned hankerin' for the smell of banana bread... not the taste... just the smell! So, I made some! It smelled so good and was the perfect "Welcome home from work" treat for Kale. I'm sure everyone has their own recipe that they use but here is the delicious one I tried today.
Enjoy!
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons soda
4 cups flour
6 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Preparation:
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas and chopped pecans.
Pour banana nut bread batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans; bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. This banana nut bread recipe makes 2 loaves.

Tomorrow are parent teacher conferences. I hope all goes smoothly!
We have a doctor's appointment Wednesday. I'll let y'all know how that goes!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment