Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hold On For One More Day (or 14!)

First off... check out my cute pumpkin!

We had another appointment today and everything continues to look great. I am really happy to hear this but I am starting to get uncomfortable. The boys weighed in at 6lbs and 6lbs 1oz. No wonder I can't find a good way to sit, lay, or stand! The doc did give me some medicine to help me sleep. He made me a promise today... he said that he would not make me go past 38 weeks. By sundown on November 3rd I would no longer be pregnant. He also admitted that he understood if his credibility was beginning to diminish. Every visit he says next week or so... I told him that I understood how unpredictable all of this was and I still trust him completely! I'm happy I can still surprise him and keep him on his toes :) If I could get some sleep, which this medicine will help with, and get the boys off my hips, I can totally last two more weeks. I'm not going to lie though, I was kinda hoping he would see the ultrasound results and see how big the gentlemen are, change his mind about making me wait and tell me to come in on Saturday! I know he is doing what is best for the boys though.

The house is ready and the boys room is as done as it can be without the rascals here to finish out the pictures in the empty frames.


I can do this. Two more weeks. I may need all the encouragement I can get! I'll continue to try and be as positive as I can. I'm more anxious than ever now that I am not teaching. The dogs and I bounce from bed to chair to couch and back to bed throughout the day. I don't know what Daphne is going to do when I don't have this belly for her to use as a pillow!

Kale is grilling steaks, and good food always makes a girl feel better.

-Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Stephanie- you go Momma! You ARE doing what's best for those boys! I only had one six pounder in my belly and had horrible hip and back pain because of her position, so I can't imagine what you're going through! You're certainly giving them the best start to life they could ever hope for! Are you planning on breastfeeding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the uplifting words Faith! No, I'm not planning on breastfeeding. If we had one, yes, but two is a little overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awesome!! Granted I did not have 2 in my belly but I too felt the same way near the end. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention...love the boys' room and love the Halloweeny blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted so badly to skip right on and put up a Christmas blog... but I thought I needed to show a little patience and restraint. Once November hits it's on though!

    ReplyDelete