Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Girl

I feel so blessed today. Not only do I have Kale working so hard at work, doing all he can to make a name for himself, he is still willing to come home and voluntarily help me with any of the chores I have not gotten completed in the day. When the Mr. came home he immediately helped finish our bathroom and then tackled the back patio.

This day was especially one to be thankful for. Kale's Aunt Renee and Mamie came by to eat lunch and then help me with the floors and bathrooms. It all looks so great and smells so fresh and clean. They went above and beyond!

All I can say is that I'm one HAPPY GIRL. The house looks amazing, everyone has helped me in so many ways. Thanks to everyone. This process has been ongoing for a few weeks and so many have stepped up to help. Kale and I love you all. My favorite thing that my mom did was weed my entire flowerbed while I was at school. When I came home it was the best surprise!
Not only do we have people cleaning in and out of our house, we have also been blessed by those who have brought us food. I had never thought that being 9 months pregnant would actually effect how much I want to cook, but it sure does! Everything has tasted SOO delicious. And made dinner time so much easier.

Here is a DELICIOUS apple pie recipe given to me by Harriet.

EASY APPLE DAPPLE
3 cups apples, chopped - I used Jonathan's - a mix of varieties is fine
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Chop apples leaving on the peeling. Set aside. Sift flour, baking
soda, and salt. Stir, don't beat, the eggs, sugar, and oil. Add to
flour, soda, and salt mixture. Add vanilla. Fold in apples and nuts.
Bake in a bundt pan at 350 degrees for one hour. It can be baked in
a 9x13 cake pan or two 9x9 pans....just adjust the time. It will
probably take 30 to 40 minutes for the 9x9 pans.

EASY APPLE DAPPLE ICING
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter1/4 cup milk

Boil brown sugar, milk, and butter for 5 minutes. Dribble over cake
while cake is still hot. Pour some in bundt hole, and it will run.
Keep spooning it up on the cake. It is fine to punch holes so that
the icing will penetrate the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment