Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lately

This has been an eventful past week. Let me give you a run down of what has happened from Thursday to Thursday.

Thursday, April 21st: Dropped my second grade kiddos off for lunch and found out that our Johnny had passed away. Johnny was one of our second graders. While discussing brave Johnny with teachers in the lounge Kale shows up. Never a good sign if your husband shows up unexpectedly at your work. About ten minutes after finding out Johnny had died, Kale tells me that my Papaw passed away that morning. I wanted to go home, but stuck it out the rest of the day and Friday.
Friday, April 22nd: Field Trip! Any teacher or parent that has been a chaperone knows how tiring field trips can be! That night I had to pack all of our bags for the funeral. While packing, I had to take an unexpected break to hunker down in the closet with the men as the tornado sirens went off.
Saturday, April 23rd: Awake at 4 am and hit the road for Texas. This happens to also be the boys 6 month birthday! Arrive at Mamaw's and had some quality family time.
Sunday, April 24th: Happens to be Easter, but unfortunately was not celebrated other than church service. Papaw's visitation was from 5-8. Family went up around 4. Some more great family time.
Monday, April 25th: Funeral. Saddest day of my life. Thank God for my babies to bring sunshine in on such a tough time.
Tuesday, April 26th: Load up and head home. Hated, hated, hated, leaving Mamaw. I know she will make it though. I just hate that she hurts so much.
Wednesday, April 27th: Taught those kiddos! After a long day of "catch up" teaching, Johnny's funeral. Great celebration of his life.
Thursday, April 28th: Taught and then 6 month pictures! Here is a link to see the cute pictures. 6 month pictures, look here!

There has been a lot of heart ache in such a short period of time. Losing my Papaw is the hardest thing I've ever gone through. I have assurance in the strength of God, and I know I am not alone. Everything will be okay.... it is just hard right now. To be honest I stay busy enough during the day that my mind cannot wonder, however nighttime is rather hard. I am remembering all of the great and wonderful times that I had with my Papaw; and although those are happy times they still bring tears. It is so hard to let go. If you wouldn't mind, keep my Mamaw in your prayers. She and Pa were married 70 years. Only time can heal the loneliness she feels.

As for this weekend... relaxation! We are going to do our make up Easter festivities on Sunday. The boys won't care that we are a week late! Will post egg painting and hunting pictures later! I hope everyone has a good weekend. Be thankful for the little things in life!

-Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much. I bet it really helped to have those boys in Texas with you guys. Those babies bring joy to everyone. As does your whole family Stephanie. You and your family have always been there for me. Let me know if you ever need ANYTHING! Come to Little Rock! kisses

    ReplyDelete