Thursday, January 20, 2011

Epic Entry

Where to begin! How about with a cute picture...
Last weekend we made a quick trip to visit my Texas family. We went down on Saturday and came home Monday. Although it was a fast and short visit, it was so great to see everyone. The boys got to see their Mamaw, Papaw, Papaw's Papaw, Grammie, Grandpa Mike, and Grandma Emma. Even though we live far away it is still important to me that the family gets to see the gentlemen growing up.

Papaw and Anderson

This is my Papaw. Since my Dad is now a Papaw we call him Papaw's Papaw.

The boys are such good travelers. We stopped about every 3.5-4 hours and let them stretch, changed diapers, and filled up their bellies. They were very happy when we finally made it to Mamaw's though. They stretched and kicked on the floor for a good 30 minutes. Tuesday and Wednesday Daddy went to work and I worked on unpacking and getting the house cleaned up. Since I was gone over the weekend, I spent those two days doing all my "weekend chores!"
Daddy and Fletch at one of the chow stops.
Mommy and Anderson eating away!
Boys are HAPPY to be out of their seats and nice and clean after a bath.
Finally home and glad :)

Thursday... today, was a SNOW DAY! Kale did not go in to work. He brought home the laptop and worked from home. I loved this! It is so great to have all three boys home with me. Not to mention a lot easier when he is home. Today we started the day waking up gently, a sugar-coated way of saying -being lazy-!

After Kale finished up his work, I put chili on to cook in the slow cooker. Hate to admit it but this is the first time I've made chili :) Man, it was so tasty. I know EVERYONE has a chili reciepe but here is the one I used... just in case you want to try something a little different.

1-1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 can (16 oz.) no-salt added tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) light red kidney beans, rinsed
1-1/2 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Mild Salsa
1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
Brown the beef and then mix together. Cook on low for 5 hours.










Then we finally took down the second Christmas tree out of the front room! BIG accomplishment. Then we went outside for a photo of the boys in their first "real snow." They weren't really that thrilled. Mommy and Daddy were happy though.

First Real Snow!! Anderson's hood had horns and Fletch had dino spikes!

After that we cleaned up the rumpus room to make room for the home gym we got two weekends ago. First thing Kale said after opening the package, "We may need to read the directions for this project!" He also said, "It says in the book to put it together with two more people. I'll accept that as a challenge." Oh boy!

The beginning of the project. Will have to keep you updated on how it turns out.

We had to run to Wal Mart to get a pad for the gym. While we were there I picked up the cutest fleece to make the boys new blankets. I know... like they need more blankets! They are going to be SO cute. I plan on finishing them tonight after we put the studs down for night-night time. Oh, forgot to mention... in their big boy beds. That's right we are going to put them in their cribs tonight. Well, in the same crib. They have been sleeping in a big pack and play in our room. Why? Because we are too lazy to walk a-l-l the way across the house to stick the pacifier back in their mouths throughout the night! Pretty pitiful huh?! Well, tonight is the night!

The orange is going to be the backing for each of the other fabrics. I will show you the finished project of this too!

When we were on our way home from WM I compulsively checked Facebook. Amber had her baby! Welcome to the world little Asher :) So glad everyone is doing great! Congrats Sisemore fam.
Mommy and baby Asher

Now we sit. Full bellies and smilies on our faces... my smile is EXTRA big knowing there is no school tomorrow; therefore delaying my return to school one more day. I truly am excited to get back with all my coworkers and those kiddos, but man it is hard to think of leaving my little rascals. I know it won't be so bad as soon as I can get in that classroom and get in the swing of things. Prayers for a smooth transition would be nice though!
Well, hope everyone snuggles in tight tonight.

*Ignore all my date stamps from the pictures. My camera messes up every time I take out the SD card! Always forget to fix it!

-Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I love seeing them, and I can just picture you saying everything you are writing.

    ReplyDelete