Monday, September 19, 2011

90th Birthday

My Partner in crime!
Today would have been my Papaw's 90th birthday. It was a day full of wonderful thoughts and memories of all the wonderfully amazing times we spent together. He was one of the most important men in my life. The love he gave me in my 26 years with him is enough to last my lifetime. There will NEVER be anyone that can replace him. I am so thankful to God for allowing me to love and be loved by such an amazing person.
I called Mamaw tonight to let her know that she has been on my mind all day today. Talking to her was just what I needed, someone to share both smiles and tears with. One thing we talked about was the last time Papaw got to see the boys. He would be playing with one and talking to him and then turn his head and realize... there's another one! He just laughed and kept saying, "Look, another one!" Then he went right back to playing with their hands and smiling at them. What a wonderful memory to have!
Papaw and Fletcher
Papaw and Anderson
Count your blessing folks; and don't let a day go by without telling the important people in your life that you love them.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment