Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Today was my first Mother's Day. A day I've waited to celebrate for a long time! The first thing I thought of this morning was how incredibly blessed I am. I spent a good while in thankful prayer before I even opened my eyes. God works in mysterious ways, and although it was a journey to get our boys here, it was worth every minute. I am so full of love for them... it is amazing how fast you can love someone in such a short amount of time.

The day was full of everything I love... my men, great church service, good food, family time, a nap on the patio, and a wonderful walk. It was awesome to have so many thoughtful people wish me a happy Mother's Day.

  • Kale and I hosted a Mother's Day brunch. We had a total of 19 people, including Fletch and Rony, over to enjoy some good visiting time and yummy food. It was great having everyone in one place.
  • After they all left we took a snooze with the boys on the patio. PERFECT!
  • When we all woke up we went over to see my Grandma Carol. She is recovering from having her kidney removed last Thursday. Doc says everything looks great and they think they removed ALL of the cancer!
  • Once we got home we fed the boys dinner. We tried macaroni w/ veggies but they didn't really go for that... so, we dumped it and went back to good ol' fashioned sweet potatoes.
  • After that, on a walk it was. I know I've said it before, but the boys love their wagon. Now we are home and bedtime it is about to be! Today was perfect! I can't wait to do it again next year :)
Here are a few shots to document our day...

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment