Monday, April 23, 2012

Earth Day and the weekend

This past weekend was a fantastic one for the Farmer crew. Friday night Kale took me to see Mary Poppins at the Walton Arts Center. It was phenomenal! I smiled the entire performance. The music, dancing, and acting was unbelievable. We had such a great time. It didn't get over until 11 so mom watched the men overnight! Hats off to Tonka :)
Saturday marked one year that my Papaw has been gone. I decided to fill the day with happy thoughts of him and talked about him every time I thought about something special he did for me in my life. Let's just say there was a lot of "Papaw" talk! We started the day off by getting the boys donut holes when we went to get them from Tonka's house. Pa always would take me to get donut holes... even two or three bags at one time. The boys loved them and it made me happy to share this little memory with them. I called Mamaw Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and we talked for a good amount of time each night. I can only pray that Kale and I can have the love and happiness that Mamaw and Papaw had for 70 years. The boys also helped us weed the flower bed, trim the bushes, and mow the front yard. They were such big helpers.

Sunday was Earth Day. This family celebrated by no TV and playing outside most of the day. We went over to Grandma Carol's house Sunday evening and made dirt cups. I thought that was pretty appropriate for Earth Day! Of course they weren't complete without the worms ;) The boys loved the worms.

Well, that about did it for our weekend. Now, I'm on the back porch watching Fletcher imitate Kale as he mows and Rooster is chasing both of them around with a football, throwing it in front of the lawnmower. What a big helper! Have a good week all.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment