Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Week Away

I have been avoiding the blog like the plague for the past week. I have so much on my mind it has been so overwhelming to even think about how to get it all into words. I thought I'd suck it up and give it a shot... after all, I will want to read about this past week as time goes on.
Last week, Monday- Friday, I had the opportunity to go with three other teachers from my school to Mt. Petit Jean. We were attending the Arkansas Leadership Academy. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to be a part of that group. We worked so hard while we were there. Class started at about 8 and ended at about 9 each night. Loooong hours, but the best professional development I've ever had the opportunity to attend. The leaders of the Academy were so knowledgeable and great to work with. They helped to make the hours fly by. Not to mention they fed us like crazy. We had buffets of food every two hours, and it was so delicious! I had so much fun hanging out with Faith, Jennifer, and Andrea! What an amazing group of ladies to work with. We also had a wonderful time with our principal, Mr. Vanderpool, and our admin. representative Dr. Hastings. She is a hoot!

Now while I was working and eating my week away, Kale was holding down the fort! He did an AMAZING job. I never worried about the men, but I did miss them SO much. The first two days were very hard, but as the week went on, and we got busier and busier, I didn't have as much down time to sit and think.
This is the first picture I got from Kale...
Kale had a few helpers come out after work to help with feeding and baths. Thanks to mom, Dorothy, and Mamie for lending a hand.
We appreciate our family so much. We don't know what we would do without you all. Kale sent me pictures and videos each night of the happenings of the day. I beamed when I watched them, and made my group watch them too at breakfast the next morning!
I especially loved sharing the one of Anderson WALKING the night that I left. What a stinker! I was sad that I missed it, but I was so proud that he is finally bopping around! Way to go Rooster. I'm so proud of you :)


When I got home on Friday night Fletcher walked to me; however, he still prefers to hop around on his knees. Silly kid. I also loved the picture of Anderson with his bottom stuck in a bucket. Only on Daddy's watch would that happen!
The boys also invented a new game: Where's the ball?



I had a great time on the mountain, but I was SO SO happy to be home. I love my family and missed them so much. I can't tell Kale thank you enough for stepping up and helping out so that I could have the opportunity to go. I love you so much Kale!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment