Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to Reality!

Today was my first day of second grade, for the sixth time! It was a busy day... as usual! the first 45 minutes are the hardest. You know, when you have 23 kids following you around, shoving glue, crayons and kleenex in your face. As you repeat for the 53rd time, "Put two glue sticks in your crayon box and the kleenex at the front of the room." All while wearing a ginormous smile on your face and wishing that you had had time to eat breakfast or at least chug that glass of Carnation Instant breakfast you poured and left on the kitchen counter in your mad dash out the door. Once 9 o'clock hits, it is manageable chaos for the rest of the day! I have a good group of kiddos this year. I'm excited to get to know them more in the coming weeks. Every year is a new adventure!
First day of school picture. Kale makes me take one every year.
This year I have tears in my eyes!
I had to stay after school for a little bit to try and find space for my massive amounts of germ-x and baggie boxes, but once those were shoved away I was out of there and off to see my boys! I missed them so much! I do have to be honest and say that once the day got started I was so busy that I didn't have time to sit and pout about not being home. I did cry a tiny bit this morning when leaving. Anderson was up nice and early. We had about 30 minutes of playtime together before I had to go. Fletcher, however, was still sleeping... and that was the hard part. I wanted so badly to wake him up this morning and play and love on him, but I didn't. It would have been so much easier if I could have left him awake. I sat in the driveway for about 10 minutes and sent Kale in three times to check and see if he was awake yet! I finally sucked it up and started my journey to work. The boys had a good day today. I am so thankful for that. They are such happy little men. Couldn't be luckier!!

Kale came home early to be with us this evening. That was a wonderful surprise. To top it off he came with flowers! Always so nice after a LOOOONG day. Once again, couldn't be luckier!

We went to Target and then out to dinner. Once we got home we plopped the men in their wagon and went for a short ride before bedtime. It was so nice out with a wonderful breeze. A family walk is always a perfect ending to a busy, but good day.

Today wasn't too bad. I guess I'll go back tomorrow!
Goodnight everyone :)

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment